ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter’s specific mandate is reflected in our objectives as follows:
- To carry out advocacy and sensitization on child rights as set out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the African Charter on the Rights and welfare of the Child; the Children’s Act Chapter 59 and other international, regional and national laws.
- To serve as a national centre for the prevention and protection against child abuse and neglect, as well as for the promotion of the rights of children in Uganda.
- To conduct research and organize forums for the exchange of information on the problems /conditions adversely affecting children in Uganda.
- To collaborate and build partnership with other genuine international bodies and Organizations working in the field of child rights, prevention and protection against child abuse and neglect.
- To alert and impress upon Government and other relevant bodies to institute measures to improve the material and legal conditions on the children.
A Ugandan society in which all children are secure, respected and cared for.
To work with all duty bearers as well as with children to build society that upholds the rights of children, enables them to realize their potential, and nurtures them into responsible citizens.
The following nine core values are incorporated in the implementation of the strategic plan:
- Respect for child rights
- Best interest of the child
- Child participation
- Non discrimination
- Respect for self and organization
The Organization in detail: